- Training For Therapists
- Online Training for Therapists
- Support Groups
- Recommended Events
- Old Events
Natural Fertility Management Theory and Practice in Stroud, UKTuesday 13th November 2012
Are you keen to enjoy menstrual cycle awareness while practicing effective natural contraception?
At this workshop you will be introduced to the fertility awareness methods of Natural Fertility Management and receive all the information and materials you will need to use these methods successfully.
Natural Fertility Management can be used by all women, whether or not their cycles are regular, and at any stage of their fertile life. You are only fertile for a few days each cycle. Once you have learnt to identify these days you will be free to have unprotected intercourse at all other times in your cycle (if infection is not a concern). All that is required is motivation, a few minutes a day during the learning period and a healthy curiosity about your own body.
In this workshop Jane draws on 30 years of research, writing, counselling and teaching in the field of natural fertility management and holistic contraception. Together we will explore:
- The cervical mucus and temperature methods of fertility awareness
- The lunar biorhythmic cycle and it’s relationship with human fertility
- Secondary signs of fertility
- Charting and interpretation of the signs of fertility to determine infertile, possibly fertile and fertile times during the menstrual cycle
- Backup contraception for fertile and possibly fertile times How to overcome fear and gain confidence in your ability to read and interpret your body’s signs of fertility, without risking an unplanned pregnancy
- Communication about and sharing responsibility for contraception and fertility awareness in your relationship: challenges and opportunities for enrichment
- Understanding and making the most of contraceptive effectiveness rates
- Common myths and truths about hormonal, barrier and fertility awareness methods
- How to celebrate your fertility and honour your menstrual cycle while practicing effective natural fertility management!
Taught by Jane Bennett
Jane Bennett has a Bachelor of Social Work and Diploma of Clinical Hypnotherapy and in 1990 began counseling and training health professionals throughout Australia and New Zealand as the Coordinator of Natural Fertility Management P/L.
Currently the managing director of NFMKits P/L Jane is the co–author of The Natural Fertility Management Contraception Kit with Francesca Naish (and The NFM Conception Kit), The Pill: Are you sure its for you? with Alexandra Pope (Allen and Unwin, 2008) and author of Girltopia: A world of real conversations for real girls set of 70 cards (Innovative Resources, 2010) and A Blessing Not a Curse: A mother-daughter guide to the transition from child to woman (Sally Milner, 2002). Jane also facilitates workshops for mothers and daughters and fathers of girls.
For enquiries and registration:
contact Jess Dawson email@example.com phone: 01453 752306
Cost £75 or £65 for Women’s Quest Apprentices and £35 concession.
Plus £65 for a Natural Fertility Management Contraception Kit.
Please note this NFM Kit price is wholesale and for participants only. RRP is £105
To find out more about the NFM Contraception Kit go to www.janebennett.com.au/resources Those who register by mid-October can have their NFM Kit sent to them (for an additional postage fee) so they can begin to familiarise themselves with the methods prior to the workshopView All Events